The government of the City of Chesterfield is divided into five administrative areas under the supervision of the City Administrator:
- Finance & Administration
- Planning & Development Services
- Public Works
- Parks, Recreation & Arts
Two Fire Districts provide fire services within the City: the Monarch Fire Protection District and the Metro West Fire Protection District.
The City of Chesterfield is dedicated to maintaining a strong, vibrant community that encourages interaction among residents, businesses and civic organizations which is accomplished through on-going innovative approaches to community and neighborhood planning:
The City of Chesterfield is committed to excellence in service and overall quality of life:
- By being the City of Choice in the St. Louis region within which to live, work, play and visit;
- By partnering with residents, businesses, civic organizations and governments to forge a sense of community;
- By providing and seeking quality in each area of service;
- By providing and encouraging cultural and recreational facilities and activities;
- By protecting, maintaining and enhancing property values;
- By ensuring a secure and responsible environment.