Special Use Permits

Sidewalk RepairSpecial use permits are required for proposed work within City maintained right of way. Examples of such work are all excavations and installations relating to conduit, poles, pole lines, wires, pipes, valves, conductors, sewers, drains, new or relocated driveways, and sidewalks or accessories thereof. Tree planting in the City's right of way requires a permit but the insurance and fee requirements are waived.

A permit is not required for inspections of manholes, vaults, and other structures located outside the pavement surface, maintenance of lighting fixtures or replacement of existing driveways or driveway maintenance.

The special use permit instructions and application provide additional information with regards to insurance, fees, and surety requirements.