Chesterfield voters in the area of Wildhorse Creek Road, Long Road and Kehrs Mill Road overwhelmingly approved the creation of a Transportation Development District (TDD) in Chesterfield Valley. Property owners in the area were asked to mail their ballots to the St. Louis County Election Board, from September 13 to October 25, 2005, wherein 94% said they were in favor of the TDD, which will impose a 3/8-cent sales tax on purchases made at businesses within the Chesterfield Valley. The additional revenues will fund over $25 million in significant transportation-related improvement projects in the Valley that include:
- Realignment and creation of a single signalized intersection at Wildhorse Creek Road, Long Road and Kehrs Mill Road.
- Widening of Long Road from Chesterfield Airport Road to Wildhorse Creek Road.
- Funding of the local match for the eventual construction of a full diamond interchange at Interstate 64 and Long Road (pending approval of the Federal share).
- Funding of local costs associated with construction of a multi-purpose levee trail/bikeway system, along the Monarch-Chesterfield Levee, in partnership with the Great Rivers Greenway District.
- Wildhorse Creek Road realignment, near Chesterfield Airport Road and Chesterfield Parkway West.
- Funding of a transportation study addressing the costs/benefits of extending Metrolink to the Chesterfield Valley.
- Improvement of Chesterfield Airport Road at Spirit of St. Louis Boulevard.
If your business resides in the Chesterfield Valley (63005 zip code) and you collect retail sales tax, in any amount, you must collect this additional tax and submit it to the State of Missouri. If you have any questions, please contact the State at 1-573-751-4876, or you may contact the City of Chesterfield Department of Finance at 636-537-4727.