Parks, Recreation & Arts Citizens Advisory Committee
The Parks, Recreation & Arts Citizens Advisory Committee (PRACAC) is a recommending body to the Parks, Recreation & Arts Committee of Council. This committee's purpose is to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of the City through the development of parks, recreation and arts. In doing so, it shall be the Committee's responsibility to address the following when directed by City Council:
- Maintain a symbiotic partnership between its own mission statement and the mission statement of City Council.
- Identify Parks, Recreation & Arts attitudes of individuals and organizations in the community.
- Advise on basic policies that guide the Parks, Recreation & Arts.
- Review and advise on park development plans and conservation opportunities.
- Recommend sites for park expansion.
- Submit ideas for both passive and active park areas that enhance the environment.
- Recommend new programs and activities for the inclusion of all age groups.
- Consider conceptualized funding mechanisms for the development of a comprehensive Parks, Recreation & Arts master plan at the direction of the Parks, Recreation & Arts Committee of Council.
- Submit all formal recommendations in writing to the Parks, Recreation & Arts Committee of City Council and the City Council to facilitate better communication.
The Parks, Recreation & Arts Department are liaisons to the Parks, Recreation & Arts Citizens Advisory Committee.
Appointments to the following non-statutory citizen committees are made by the Mayor with the concurrence of both council members in whose ward the individuals reside. Committees are limited to 17 members - four from each Ward and 1 "At Large", unless otherwise noted.
Committee meetings are conducted by the committee chairperson and operate or function either by their mission statement or by a project directed to them by Council or a standing committee of Council.
|Chairs||Barbara Briggs, Chair|
|Council Liason:||Councilmember Gary Budoor|
|Staff Liaison:||T.W. Dieckmann|
|Director of Parks, Recreation & Arts|
|eMail Director Dieckmann|