Call for Nominations
The City of Chesterfield is enriched by citizens who contribute to the quality of life in our community without reward or recognition. These are people who distinguished themselves through community accomplishments or volunteerism. To show the City’s appreciation and recognition of their work, the Chesterfield Citizen of the Year is selected by a Committee comprised of appointees from each ward, various civic organizations in Chesterfield, and prior year’s recipient.
- Individuals nominated must be a resident of the City of Chesterfield.
- Actions recognized should benefit the community of the City of Chesterfield and its residents through volunteerism, work performed on community projects, and civic contributions to the community.
- Preference is given to the recency of nominee’s activities and community contributions.
- Nominee(s) must be 18 years of age.
- One nomination per household (may be an individual or a couple).
- Previously nominated individuals are eligible to be re-nominated.
- City employees as well as elected officials will not be considered for the award while in their position. However, after retiring, former city employees and elected officials who become service-minded volunteers in a capacity other than their previous position, may be considered.
- Nomination information must be limited to the nominatiuobn form. Attachments are not permitted and will not be considered by the selection committee. The nomination form must be used for all nominations.
- The following questions must be addressed for the nominee to be considered:
- What did your nominee do to benefit the City of Chesterfield?
- For each activity, please include:
- Years of service
- The name(s) of the organization they/he/she served.
- Role(s) the nominee served along with a description of the role(s)
- The narrative of this nomination must be in paragraph form and fit into this space.
- Materials attached to this entry will not be considered.
- Question: What impact has the volunteer made on the City of Chesterfield and its residents via the activities listed above?
- Description of accomplishments or actions and why you believe this individual merits this award.
- All nominations are due on or before the first Friday in February. Nominations will not be accepted after that day.
The Citizen of the Year will be recognized at a City Council meeting in March, with a reception following at the City Hall to celebrate with friends and family
The deadline for nominations is February 5, 2021.
Submit your nomination online by clicking on the Online Application Button below OR Download and fillout the PDF, then mail to:
Chesterfield City Hall,
Attn: Citizen of the Year Award
690 Chesterfield Parkway West
Chesterfield, MO 63017