RULES & REGULATIONS:
RULES & REGULATIONS:
1) Dog feces (and/or dog waste) must be picked up and disposed of properly by owners immediately.
2) Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries or damage caused by their dogs.
3) All dogs must be spayed or neutered.
4) All dogs must be on a leash until inside the fenced area.
5) No dogs over 20 lbs in the small dog park fenced area.
6) Dog owners must carry a leash at all times, closely supervise their dogs and at no time may the owner leave the fenced area without his/her dog.
7) Limit of three (3) dogs per person in the off-leash area.
8) Gates must remain closed except when entering and exiting the off-leash area.
9) All dogs must have been vaccinated and legally licensed prior to using the off-leash area and must wear a current Chesterfield Dog Park tag and ownership tags.
10) Dogs must be under visual and voice control at all times. Excessive barking or uncontrollable dogs must be removed immediately.
11) Owners must stop dogs from digging and fill any holes caused by their dogs immediately.
12) Pinch, spike and choke collars must be removed prior to entering the fenced off-leash area.
13) No children under ten (10) years of age are allowed. Older children must be under adult supervision and must
not be permitted to run, shout, scream, or otherwise excite or antagonize dogs in the off-leash area. Dog handlers/owners must be at least 16 years of age.
14) No one may conduct any kind of commercial or professional business in the dog park without approval from the Parks, Recreation and Arts Director or his/her designee.
15) No climbing on or over the fenced area.
16) No smoking or tobacco use is allowed in the park.
17) The word “Owner” applies to the adult person accompanying the dog(s).
18) Hours of usage are from sunrise to sunset.
19) All dog owners who fail to comply with the above rules may be asked to leave the dog park and may have their park membership revoked.
20) Owners must otherwise comply with all rules governing the park and relevant parking regulations.
21) Use of the off-leash area by any dog constitutes implied consent of the dog’s owner to all of the conditions stated in this section and constitutes a waiver of liability to the city of Chesterfield and an agreement and undertaking to protect, indemnify, defend and hold the city of Chesterfield harmless from any claims, suits or other actions caused by the conduct of a dog owner or their dog.
22) The water within the dog park will be shut off from October to March, weather permitting.
The following are not allowed in the fenced area of the Dog Park:
1) Dogs known to carry any disease or parasite transmittable to other dogs or humans.
2) Aggressive dogs or dangerous dogs.
3) Puppies under four months of age.
4) Animals other than dogs.
5) Alcoholic beverages, tobacco, food, dog treats, rawhide or glass containers.
6) Bicycles, skateboards, roller skates or blades, or any motorized vehicles except wheelchairs.
Residents: $45 per dog and Non-Residents: $65 per dog (renewed on a calendar year basis). At the time of purchasing dog tags from the city of Chesterfield, owner must present proof of residency (driver license, unpaid utility bill, etc.), record of dog’s spayed/neutered, record of current Rabies shot and record of current Titer test.