Youth Fishing Derby - THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED.
Saturday, May 2
9 a.m. - Noon
Central Park Lake.
$5 for ages 5-12.
Kids can compete in contests and win awards! A parent or legal guardian must accompany all kids. Fishing licenses are not required. The equipment is limited, so please bring your own, if possible. Check-in will be at the amphitheater stage the day of the Derby.
Rules & Regulations
1. All participants must register before fishing in order to be eligible for prizes.
2. Participant must be 12 years old or younger and accompanied by an adult.
3. The Fishing Derby officially begins at 9:00 am and ends at 11:00 am. (NO FISHING BEFORE)
4. The final checking in fish caught for the Fishing Derby closes at 11:00 am.
5. Fishing boundaries are on the lake behind the amphitheater only. No fishing off the bridge will be allowed.
6. Observe and respect people around you.
7. Parents may help kids, if needed. Try to let kids fish as much as they can.
8. One fishing pole per child.
9. All fish caught must be taken to the closest official for checking in after each fish caught. Please bring fish to official right after you catch each one. This is a catch and release ONLY.
10. Winners need to be present to claim their awards.
11. Any ties will be subject to a random drawing.
12. All decisions made by event coordinators are final.
13. Please pick up all of your trash at the end of the Fishing Derby.