The Wreaths Across America Mobile Education Exhibit National Tour
Wreaths Across America (WAA) is proud to announce stops in St. Louis County for the WAA Mobile Education Exhibit (MEE) national tour. There will be five events starting November 15 in Troy, a stop at Parkway Central High School on November 16 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. followed by Jefferson Barracks, South County, then concluding in Florissant on Saturday the 19. This unique museum on wheels is free to the community and helps honor local veterans.
Wreaths Across America is the non-profit organization best known for placing wreaths on veteran’s headstones at Arlington National Cemetery. However, in 2021, the organization’s volunteers placed more than 2.4 million sponsored veterans’ wreaths at more than 3100 participation locations nationwide – including the St. Louis area’s Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
The Mobile Education Exhibit brings the local community, veterans, active-duty military, and their families together to teach patriotism while remembering and honoring the service and sacrifice of our nation’s military. The MEE serves as a mobile museum offering interactive exhibits, short films and shared stories and serves as an official ‘welcome home’ station for our nation’s Vietnam Veterans.
These non-political, non-religious public events with the MEE are free and open to the public. All are welcome to enjoy opportunity to ask questions, share stories and experience this one-of-a-kind exhibit.
Dates and locations:
- Tuesday, November 15 at Powell Memorial Library, Troy, MO. Students 9 a.m. -2 p.m., open to the public 3 p.m. -5 p.m. Hosted by National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Wednesday, November 16, 10 a.m. -6 p.m. at Parkway Central High School, Chesterfield, MO. Hosted by National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Thursday, November 17 at Jefferson Barracks and hosted by Blue Star Mothers.
- Friday, November 18 adjacent to Sperreng Middle School, St. Louis, MO. Lindbergh students 8:00 am- 3:00 pm, open to the public from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m., Hosted by National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.
- Saturday, November 19, 10:30 a.m.-3:30p.m. at James J. Eagan Community Center, Florissant, MO. Hosted by National Society Daughters of the American Revolution.