Effective June 1:
City Hall shall be opened to the public. A thermometer will be located at the main entrance and all visitors must demonstrate that they have a temperature of 100.3 or below upon entering the building. Anyone with a temperature exceeding 100.3 will be directed to exit the building immediately. All visitors must wear a mask or face covering of some kind. Lines will be taped on the ground instructing visitors to stand at least six feet away from the customer service desk.
The Public Works Facility and the Parks Facility will continue to be closed to the general public. Visitors will be allowed inside, by appointment only. A thermometer will be located at each facility and the visitor must demonstrate that he/she has a temperature of 100.3 or below upon entering the building. Anyone with a temperature exceeding 100.3 will be directed to exit the building immediately. All visitors must wear a mask or face covering of some kind.
Hand sanitizer, to the extent it is available, will be distributed throughout the buildings.
All Public Meetings shall continue to be conducted through Zoom.
Due to the current health concerns surrounding the COVID-19 Virus, the following Chesterfield Parks Facilities will be closed until further notice:
- Chesterfield Aquatic Center
- CVAC Playgrounds
What is COVID-19?
- COVID-19 is the infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
- Coronaviruses are a large family of respiratory viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, these range from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- St. Louis County Department of Public Health Hotline: 314-615-2660 (Available 24/7)
- CDC: Recommendations for Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in Polling Locations